College/Adult Job Shadows
STEP 1: Identify the career and facility - click here for the list of available job shadows.
STEP 2: Complete the Job Shadow Application
STEP 3: Make sure all required signatures are on the application. If student is under age 18, parent/guardian MUST sign form.
STEP 4: All individuals requesting a job shadow must also submit proof of the following (may be found online at the Wisconsin Immunization Registry https://www.dhswir.org/PR/clientSearch.do?language=en):
- Proof of two of three MMR’s (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)/titer
- Proof of TB skin test and negative results from the last 12 months
- Proof of Varicella (chicken pox) – either documentation of history of the disease, 2 vaccines or titer
- Proof of Flu vaccine (During flu season only, November – March)
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccine
- For shadows in pediatrics/OB – proof of Tdap vaccine (tetanus and diphtheria), recommended but not required
STEP 5: Email, mail or fax completed application and health documentation to the contact person of the organization where you have chosen to shadow - click here for the Contact List.
STEP 6: Review the Job Shadow Information Sheet.
STEP 7: Final Reminders
- It will take a minimum of two weeks for a facility representative to get back to you in regards to your application.
- If you have to cancel once your shadow has been scheduled, call the facility contact person and let them know you are not able to make your shadow.
- Adhere to the dress code policy as listed in the information form. Professional dress (no jeans, open toe shoes, etc.) is required.
- Eat something before you arrive.
- Enjoy your shadow and thank your professional!
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Brenda Birringer
Northeastern Wisconsin Area Health Education Center (NEWAHEC)
(920) 652-0238 or firstname.lastname@example.org